Translate

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

No Social Media Challenge: Reflection

Since I have been back on social media, I have noticed many changes in my routine. Last week, I interacted more with my family. Even the first day I was back to the Pinterest world, I was more disconnected with those around me. Only did I recognize the strength of this disconnection when I returned to social media. I had grown used to the idea of being aware of those around me, but it was almost too easy to revert back to my old habits. As a result, I have resolved to use social media for its original purpose; therefore, I will try to only access social media in a way that does not distract from the moment. 
This challenge has been good for me. I have enjoyed taking a social media fast in order to experience the joy of simply living. I was able to attend an event without worrying about taking a perfect picture for Instagram or for my Snapchat story. 
On a similar note, the first Instagram post I made after this challenge was complete was a "Senior Sunday" post. I found myself checking my notifications every thirty seconds to see if any one new liked my post yet. 
"Isn't this exact behavior the reason I did that challenge?" I asked myself.
"Why, it is indeed!" I responded. 
What was the point of this whole challenge? If I only don't care about my social media for a week, what good does it do? 
I would like to encourage everyone, myself included, to take this journey to the next level. No, I'm not going to completely fast from social media again for at least a little while, but that doesn't mean I can't live out the purpose of this challenge. 
When I make a post, I will try to not worry about how many likes it gets. I won't stress myself over taking an amazing selfie to share with my friends. My identity is not found in social media. Your identity is not found in social media. 
Take a deep breath. It's okay to have a less than perfect Snapchat story, or even not have one at all. Just relax and have fun with it. Use it to deepen your existing relationships. Social media can be fun when used correctly. It is unfortunate that so many people choose to use it incorrectly these days. 
What are some ways you will experience life rather than your what social media tells you is life? Leave a comment to share your thoughts. 



13 comments:

  1. I have read such a mind-blowing blog after a long time. I really appreciate your article and you have described every thing in this blog with proper advice.Appreciated.

    Now website design buffalo ny service is available with complete professionalism in reasonable budget.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is stunning! I'm passed up the nature of the astounding.I've perused a great deal of articles, however this is one of the best ones that I've perused. Carry on providing more articles this way.廣告製作

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best Social Media Marketing Companies in Chennai? Hashtag Inc certains comes on top of the list. Hashtag Inc is one of the best Social Media Marketing Companies in Chennai and overall Digital Marketing Companies in Chennai, Bangalore and India. Visit us @ http://www.hashtaginc.co.in/digitalmarketing.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Vero app beautifully summaries every its features, and can assist you to browse through smarter searching through profiles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing about Social media marketing. If possible, please discuss about digital marketing strategies.

    Social Media Marketing New York
    SEO Services Company New York
    Advertising Agency New York

    ReplyDelete
  6. According to My Knowledge i can breif about it,when compare to Other comparable Products like Facebook,Orkut,Twitter.....etc, FOTOFONIX is the best product,because in Fotofonix we can Use Unlimitted Free Space for loading pictures,videos and we can do Audio and VIdeo chatting unlimitted time.

    buy twitter likes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank for your very good article! i always enjoy & read the post you are sharing!
    click here

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. buy social media marketing services such as:
    Facebook , Twitter, Instagram and YouTube services
    visit:
    Likesbee.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome article it will helpful for my research on Social Media Strategy but its impossible to not to use social media for a day or month because its the next level of media.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Drive website traffic https://1757749.site123.me Drive more traffic to your website has also initiated an ultimate SEO package. This package fits in the category of guaranteed quality package. This package provides everything that one could wish of. Our company’s major target is to serve small business owners.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Embed Instagram Feed on website and display social proof to your users.

    ReplyDelete