Translate

Friday, December 15, 2017

Day Six: Life to the Fullest

Wow, I can hardly believe it's already been six days since I started my social media fast! Today was rather productive. I went to the gas station, I helped my mom pick out a graduation gift for my cousin, I made supper, I got to hold a little baby, and I played with my dog. The last two of that list (baby and dog) have caused me to think about the importance of life. The world is an amazing place filled with beautiful things. Babies only care about receiving love. They know little about the social media community, yet they don't miss it. Animals, too, do not have access to social media, and they often seem to be more content with their lives than we are. 
What about the people who lived before social media was invented? They didn't sit around all day hoping someone would like their photo. They spent their free time with their family and friends. I read in my psychology textbook that depression is now more of an issue than ever before. Many psychologists believe this to be a result of a disconnection with family and friends that didn't exist before. I believe that disconnection to be a result of social media. 
As I mentioned in previous posts, I have noticed myself spending more time my family since I gave up social media. The little things around me have become the things that are most important. A rose in your own backyard may be overlooked, but it can brighten your day when you allow for the beauty of creation to leave you in awe. Living life to the fullest entails that you appreciate what some take for granted.
How are you going to live today to the fullest extent? Comment below to share your ideas! 

7 comments:

  1. Hmmm... you have challenged me today! How will I live life to fullest? I don’t know that it is living it to fullest but I am determined to focus on Christmas and the Christmas spirit today. Christmas music while wrapping, making some cookies and of course a little time for Advent devotions! And I promise not to check my FB messages while doing it!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great ways to start! I’m glad my post has benefitted you today. Thank you for commenting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the point that you made about how babies and dogs don't know about social media and they don't let it crowd their lives. I had never thought about that before! Your blog is so inspirational!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hannah! I'm glad you're enjoying it :)

      Delete
  4. hey great article
    keep up the work
    i had written article like this , if you have time please have a look

    ReplyDelete
  5. Incredible posting this is from you.I like Your Blog Thanks For Sharing with Us.
    Gtechwebindia is best Digital Marketing Service Provider Company in India.we offer to you complete Digital Marketing services: -
    seo services in india, digital marketing services, social media optimization and ppc management services

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice!Very useful information in this blog!Thanks for sharing with us!
    Want to top strategic marketing solutions for your healthcare services? Hire a trusted healthcare branding agency In Delhi NCR and creates awareness about your services through informative and user-friendly content.

    ReplyDelete