Translate

Thursday, December 7, 2017

Five Replacements of Social Media

Hey, guys! First, I would like to express my gratitude for everyone who took time to view and comment on my post yesterday. You are all awesome. With everyone in the Christmas spirit, expressing thanks is a great way to spread cheer.
As mentioned in my previous post, I hope to gain  a new appreciation for the world around me as I give up social media for a week. Christmas is a time of generosity and love, and through this challenge, I hope both of these attributes will become more prevalent in my life.
With Thanksgiving not too far behind us, I have also been focused on gratitude. I am grateful for the time I spent as a child without social media. I spent most of my life reading or coloring during my free time rather than scrolling through Twitter or Facebook. Those years shaped me into the person I am today. Going back to that part of my life will hopefully remind me of the activities I once enjoyed.
I have compiled a list of FIVE activities we can do instead of messing with our phones.
1. Read a good book. This could be a book you loved as a child or a new book recommended by a friend.
2. Draw a picture/color. While I have never been much of an artist, I have always enjoyed coloring books. As I have grown older, I have invested in several adult coloring books.
3. Get your family and friends together to play board games/card games. This is a great way to socialize and make many great new memories with those you care about.
4. Learn to play a musical instrument. I personally love playing my flute. It is a great way to relax and meet new people.
5. Cook or bake. Who doesn't love brownies or a yummy lasagna? Cooking not only gives you something to do, but also something you can share with others. We all need to eat, and the process is much more enjoyable when the food was prepared with love.
What are some other ways you can think of to spend your free time that doesn't require social media?

7 comments:

  1. I know what I can do.... come over and have some of that Lasagna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we might have lots of company over with all of those great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about you back something delicious for Your neighbor who just had a baby!! (Wink wink) no but totally serious. Bake me something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bake not back..🤦🏼‍♀️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, it looks like I'll have plenty to do next week! Thanks for commenting, guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. All great ideas! I’m sure the Division II office would enjoy your baking. Lol

    ReplyDelete