Translate

Monday, December 11, 2017

Day Two: Gratitude

Day two of my no social media challenge has been quite successful. I have had many reasons to be grateful through out the day. You can read the list at the bottom of the post. Before I begin, I would like to stress how important it is to tell the people in your life how much you appreciate them and the reasons you are grateful for them. It can turn someone's day from bad to good. All it takes is for you to take ten seconds to say, "I'm glad you're in my life. Your smile just brightens my day!" 
When someone gives me encouragement, not only does it make me feel good in the moment, but it also gives me a confidence to continue doing whatever they complimented. People often feel like the small things they do go unnoticed, and when another person compliments them, their desire to do good is intensified. We as human beings are social creatures by nature. We want people to notice us. Take a moment today to thank a janitor at a local grocery store or the mechanic at your workplace.
Today, I had many things to be grateful for. 
1. I had the opportunity to go ice skating with many of my friends. Through this endeavor, I was able to relax and enjoy my time rather than worrying about what filter I was going to use on the picture I posted. I believe that both myself and my friends benefitted from this time.
2. I got to eat lunch with a very dear friend, and we had very good conversations. In the moment, neither of us had to worry about what was happening in the internet world. We were focused on each other and making the most of the time spent together.
3. Though I am currently unable to play my instrument due to a hand injury, I am still able to enjoy the wonders music brings. The beautiful thing about the musical world is that anyone can become involved and anyone can delight in the story the songs and pieces tell. 
4. However silly this may sound, I am very grateful that I was able to eat today. I'm so blessed that I never have to worry about when my next meal will be. Instead of asking "When will we eat?" I ask "What will we eat?"
5. My family is awesome. I often take for granted just how amazing these people are. They are always there for me whenever I need them. Even though we may get on each other's nerves, at the end of the day, we still love each other. They keep life interesting, and they give me a motivation to experience life to the fullest
What are some things you are grateful for today? Let me know in the comments!


6 comments:

  1. I'm grateful for family and friends. They brighten my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am grateful for a wonderful daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am greatful for music, especially this time of the year! Music can change a ho-hum day to a day of humming aling with the Christmas carols.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I love Christmas carols. Thank you for responding :)

      Delete